Saturday, 14 April 2012


Tah Dah!

Well, it has finally happened and I can have my 'tah dah' moment....

The blanket is finished!! I started it in March 2011. It has taken me every night this week to sew it up, and I finished knitting the top edge this morning so that I could take it along to knit club. I am really pleased with how it has turned out- I love the colours and the different stitch patterns. I'm looking forward to cuddling up in it on the sofa watching tv or reading- I just need to keep Fat Cat and his claws away from it!

To re-cap, the pattern was from the Rowan/Amy Butler 'River Camp Knits' and they call it a picnic blanket. My blanket is not going outside! I decided to go with just 6 colours rather than the huge amount used in the pattern, and cheekily knitted it in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK.

Tah dah!

The finished blanket- it won't be going on my bed, but I had to get it somewhere flat for the photo - you can see the 'v' pillowcases I made in the background too!

Close up of the different stitches

Had a lovely morning at Knit Club today along with my fellow bloggers Pickle-Lily and Mrs D. I never cease to be amazed at the projects people pull out of their bags for show and tell and there were some fantastic ones today. Also got a sneak preview of Suzie Johnson's new knitting book which is looking great- I can't wait to buy a copy!

Other good news today...Liverpool beat Everton 2-1 in the semi final of the FA Cup. I am delighted as I was convinced the odds were stacked against us, as we've had our first and second choice goalies sent off in previous matches (unjustly of course) so were having to play with a third choice goalie, Brad Jones. He did us proud and I am really pleased for him as he's had terrible personal tragedy this year. Our goals were scored by Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll both who have had trying seasons so far. Bring on the final! The match was supposed to be played tomorrow, but was moved out if respect for the anniversary of the 1989 Hillsborough tragedy. You'll never walk alone xxx

Andy Carroll celebrating his FA Cup semi final winning goal
Not much progress on the garden, although the weather forecast is looking promising for tomorrow...will keep at it and post photos as and when.

Finally, I musn't forget that last Saturday we had a lovely evening at The Norty Corner and had a wonderful meal cooked by the equally wonderful Mrs Norty- thank you for a great time!

Here's to a good week
xx



1 comment:

  1. Totally fabulous Ali, all that time and effort and what a wonderful blanket to show for it...no good at anything my A** you r brilliant at lots of things..xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete