Monday, 12 November 2012

Just in the nick of time

Well, the 'Derecho' shawl is finished! I wanted to give it to my Mum for her birthday on 8th November, and I finally cast off on the evening of 7th November...just in the nick of time! It was made using yarn I had leftover from the Woolsack Olympic Cushion project, all British Wool upto 4 ply in thickness.
Here's the Ravelry link for the pattern :http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/derecho

I forgot to take my camera with me on the day, so these are the only pictures I have at the moment, one with Mum will follow shortly.








I've already started my next project, a baby blanket for Chris' friend from work, Christos and his wife 'the lovely Yvonne' as they are expecting their first baby, a boy, in January. It's a very simple but beautiful Debbie Bliss pattern, made using Baby Cashmerino. I've just started it and will be taking it with my to the polling station on Thursday as I'm work there the whole day as a poll clerk. We aren't expecting a good turnout, so fingers crossed I get a lot of knitting done!

Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino striped blanket
 My niece, Evie, was staying over at my parent's last weekend, and I just couldn't resist taking this photo of her!

Evie knitting blanket squares for her toys!

Amy might show no interest in knitting (but to be fair I didn't until a couple of years ago despite being taught at a young age) but at least Evie has made a start!

We went to watch the Weston Carnival last Friday with a group of Amy's friends and their parents. The weather wasn't good, it rained most of the night, but wasn't cold at least and the floats were spectacular. These are some of my favourite pictures:









Well, that's it, short and sweet this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment