Sunday, 1 September 2013

There goes the summer...


Wow, this year is really flying by. September is here and although the weather is still good, the evenings are definitely drawing in. We even had our first Sunday Roast today, as we don't have them through the summer!

I've now finished knitting my 'Hitchhiker Scarf' by Martini Behm (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hitchhiker) and I love it. I made it using Rowan Cashsoft 4ply and it took just over 3 balls.


I've now started on a pair of socks, my first ever attempt! The design is 'Charlie Chocolate' by Suzie Johnson of The Wool Sanctuary ( http://www.thewoolsanctuary.com/info2.cfm?info_id=171644) and although it's designed as a pair of stripy socks, I'm using a variegated sock yarn by KnitGlobal called 'Harvest'. I'm really pleased with sock one and have just cast on sock two!


Hopefully they'll be finished soon and I'll photograph them properly.

We've spent quite a bit of time in Bristol this summer, doing 'The Gromit Trail' around the city. Sadly it finishes next week and I don't think I'll get chance to see any more, but I've managed 64 of the 80! My favourite is Gromberry I think, although they've all been brilliant. It's been a great way to see parts of the City that are slightly off the beaten track and so good to see so many other people, young and old, also following the trail.


Me with the 'Stat's the way to do it, Lad!' Gromit outside Aardman Animations
Gromberry
Well that's it for now, I'll be back when my first pair of socks are finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment