Thursday, 14 August 2014


 It's August Already!

Well, even for me this has been quite a blogging lapse...I'd like to think that I haven't blogged because so much has happened, but that wouldn't really be true!

To rectify this, I'm just going to post some pictures that give a few highlights of life. The first few are memorable days; the next lot are our recent trip to Liverpool where we got to watch LFC play Borussia Dortmund in a friendly match and then did a stadium tour the following day. A challenging weekend for Chris (an Arsenal fan), but perfect for me and Amy!  As I do a lot of knitting, I'm on Ravelry quite a lot (I'm aliknits1509). I joined the Harry Potter Knitting & Crochet House Cup on there a while ago, and have taken part in the various knitting challenges they set up. A lot of the smaller projects on here are from that, the blanket is something a lot of us at The Wool Sanctuary Knit Club have been making- it's the Martin Storey Mystery Afghan KAL in Rowan Pure Wool Worsted. I'm on the final week now, so only have 6 squares to knit plus the edging! Finally at the bottom are pictures of some furniture upcycling we've been doing. Since Chris was made redundant last November he's been trying out different things...this is one thing he's enjoyed doing!

Amy with her medals at the Welsh Open in May


Me and Chris at the Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol on my birthday in June
For Chris' birthday I bought him an archery and...

Segway experience which we all did- great fun!



Me and Amy on the Kop at Anfield
Add caption
Touching the famous sign on the way to the pitch
Amy meeting Jose Enrique LFC player
Me at the Liver Building

Amy & Chris at The Cavern Club


'Sally' top that I started months ago...
Part of my Rowan mystery blanket KAL





Washcloths
Opal Shawl
More of the Rowan KAL


still more...
penultimate week of the KAL

Owl puff


Preemie hat for charity

Shabby chic dresser #1 ours!!
Shabby chic dresser #3 for sale!
Shabby chic dresser #2 for sale




Finally, I had to concede defeat with the Push Up challenge. I made it to day 193 in July, but missed a day when I was ill, so am out! I'm pleased I made it that far though!!

I am so frustrated with this blog! I remember the reason I haven't blogged for so long now...none of the pictures line up properly and I can't add text other than captions between the photos to talk about them. If anyone is reading this, I hope you get an idea of what we've been up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment